The photo editing website Picnik closed and I sighed. I had been using this site to make my blog collage headers and buttons. No more Picnik. Did that mean no more headers and blog buttons?
I followed Picnic over to Google+ hoping to find all the creative features had moved too. But alas! Some of the old features are there but not collage.
Today I made a great discovery. I am so excited… I found PicMonkey...
A dynamic duo became a small dynamic team. And the world's friendliest photo editor got a chance to start again. If you loved Picnik, PicMonkey is back in town and better than ever. It's faster, more powerful, and easier to use. It's the real deal you already know, plus 78% more monkey.
In many ways, it is even better than Picnik. There is the usual photo editing function plus collage and more.
One of the extra features can be found in the collage section... a template for making Facebook cover photos. Here are a few covers I quickly put together:
I could use these two on my personal wall.
This one would be good for my Sue Elvis Writes Facebook page
and this one is for Thomas and the Stories of Grief, Love and Hope Facebook page.
If you’d like to make your own cover:
- Go to PicMonkey
- Click on ‘Make a Collage’
- Upload some photos from your computer
- Click on the template symbol and choose ‘FB Cover’
- Choose one of the layout templates
- Place photos in the template. The number and size of the photos can be adjusted as you are arranging them. Extra cells can be added, existing ones deleted and cell boundaries moved
- Click on the ‘palette’ symbol to adjust the spacing and background colour
It's easy and it's free
If you are on Facebook and haven't seen my Sue Elvis Writes FB page, please visit. If you click the like button I will smile!